Purpose of the Post
The Youth Peacemakers Tanzania aims to improve the livelihoods of community members in identified target areas in Tanzania by empowering youths, women and other community members in skills to advocate, lobby and implement national development plans within their communities and groups. That involve skills in production and accessing of markets. The project is currently being implemented in the region of Tanga in districts of Lushoto, Korogwe, Handeni, Mkinga and Tanga with Youths being the main target.
The Accountant will serve as the Finance and Accounts focal point for the Youth Peacemakers in all her activities. His/her key role will be to supervise, develop and deliver on all accounts related matters. He/she will work and assist to control and direct the accounts section, produce timely reports and supervise transactions.
The Accountant will be expected to observe the mission and core values of Youth Peacemakers and demonstrate a quality of skills that is exemplary to others.
1. Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information
2. Tracking and maintaining fixed asset ledgers, general ledger
3. Interprets regulations and accounting policies and procedures
4. Posts financial transactions including transfers, deposits, and journals.
5. Prepares financial records for annual auditing and reporting purposes to facilitate a clean audit.
6. Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet and other reports.
7. Maintains financial security by following internal controls
8. Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
9. Monitors and maintains appropriate bank balances in YPM accounts; reconciles general ledger accounts.
10. Prepares monthly forecast and bank reconciliation; researches and resolves discrepancies.
11. Account for any funds as per provided guidelines with high level of accuracy, honest, integrity and timeliness.
12. Provide periodic Financial reports as required (Monthly, Quarterly, bi annual and annually).
13. Maintain a professional performance Complies with national and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
14. Assists in the development and implementation of the YPM accounting system to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and auditing procedures.
15. Assists with the preparation of annual YPM budget for grants and categorical programs to assure expenditures are balanced to revenues.
16. Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
17. Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
18. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related duties timely and as needed.
19. Undertake any other tasks that further the objectives of the YPM Lushoto Branch.
1. Advance Diploma or Degree in Accountancy from a recognized University or college
2. Experience in non-profit fund accounting a plus
1. Women are highly encouraged to apply
2. Preferably age is between 20 – 40 years
3. Must be able to adhere to strict confidentiality policies regarding client and organizational information
4. This is a full time position which demands availability at working station.
Mode of application
1. Letter of motivation and a detailed CV attached together with certified relevant copies of certificates.
2. Send to: The Director
Youth Peacemakers Tanzania
Box 395 Lushoto – Tanga
3. Deadline for application 15th March 2019